Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kavita bounces back

Anchor, model, and actor— Kavita Kaushik has tried her hand at everything with mixed degree of success.

What touches you most about her is her zest for life. We know she started off anchoring shows way back in college. So how did she land on television? She says, “Well, my college notice board had mentions of auditions quite often and I had been tempted many times over. Fortunately, I was selected and was offered the negative lead role in Ekta Kapoor’s Kutumb.”

After that she did shows like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Dil Kya Chahta Hai, Tumhari Disha, Kahaani Teri Meri and Remix. Currently she is “working in FIR and just finished hosting India-Sri Lanka one-day series.” She did play the negative role in many shows, but of late it is her comic turn that has fetched her accolades.

These days, almost all the television stars are trying their luck in films. Very few would remember Kavita’s brief stint in Ek Haseena Thi starring Saif Ali Khan. Does she aspire to enter mainstream Bollywood? She says, “I am getting offers for films, but I have turned them down. I don’t want to be seen as a TV actor in films. I am being offered either negative or comic roles that reflect more or less my television image.”

What kind of person is Kavita in real life? She says, “I’m fun-loving, a movie buff and love to cook. I’m like any other girl who dreams to be happily married.” What’s happening on the love front? She was dating actor Karan Grover and even shook a leg with him in the dance show, Nach Baliye 3. We’ve heard they’ve split up since?

She says, “Our relationship was getting bitter, things were going against us. It was wise to sacrifice love. Both of us were heartbroken after the break-up. I was emotionally shattered. I am a strong girl, I accepted the break-up gracefully and have moved on.”

No comments: