Monday, June 30, 2008

Jennifer wants to experiment

The television industry is really witnessing a great boom and it has ensured that we get to see some really talented youngsters on a daily basis.


Jennifer Winget is one such promising actress, who is probably best known for her role of Ganga in the serial Sangam. Besides, she has also been a part of such shows as Kkusum, Kahiin To Hoga, Kasauti Zindagi Kay and Shaka Laka Boom Boom. Her on-screen journey started early, when she appeared in the movie Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya at the age of just 12. She was also a part of the Abhi-Ash starrer Kuchh Na Kaho and was 14 at that time.

Says Jennifer, “Looking back, I believe that acting was the best that I could do. It just happened. I kept getting good offers and the going has been good. I have really enjoyed all my projects so far. I may not have a back-up, but God and life have been kind to me. I hope this good luck continues!” She has quite a sense of humour, which comes to the fore when you ask her about her dream role. “I don’t dream of roles,” she laughs. On a more serious note, however, she adds, “I would love to do all kinds of roles, but a dream one would be something like what Rani did in Black. If all goes well, I will love to be a part of many good films in the future.”

So how is the off-screen Jennifer? “I am a very normal person, who likes to meet people, read, watch movies and listen to music,” she says. Is there somebody who has really influenced her? “Not really. But I believe there is something to learn from everyone, as we all possess good qualities. However, one person I really admire is Amitabh Bachchan,” is her reply. Well, what’s her criterion for selecting roles? “I believe that if I can relate to a character, there is little challenge in it. A good role is something that will stretch your abilities and make you go beyond your levels. The way the TV industry has grown is just fabulous and it’s no less than films. The standard is going up day by day and it’s a really exciting time for actors!” she says enthusiastically.


Talking of memorable events while shooting, she fondly recollects an experience that she had recently, “We were shooting in Film City on my birthday. It was a jungle area and during one of the scenes, a leopard passed by just behind me! It was quite uncanny!” So is she in love? “Oh, not as of now! But the day I find someone, I would like to let the world know about him!” she signs off.

No comments: