Tuesday, September 23, 2008

'I can't be with strangers'-Shamita

Mumbai: Actress Shamita Shetty will soon be seen in an item number in Hari Puttar. Ask her what shes doing in an item song for a childrens film and she laughs. "Its a promotional song. Also, it was a good way of reaching out to the young audience."

Despite doing an item number, Shamita is not in the mood to sign any films. "I didnt sign a single film because I was unhappy with the work that was coming my way. So I decided to focus my creative energy on our new production house. Im learning a lot about putting a film together. This gives me satisfaction."

She adds, "All this is very new to me so if Shilpa (Shetty, sister) asks me to be a part of a meeting, I go for it. This is our first baby. I want to give it my hundred per cent. We have managed to get a good script."

Shamitas also happy about London-based NRI Raj Kundras presence in sister Shilpas life. "He is a wonderful guy. To me hes like a brother and to my parents hes like a son. We are happy to have him in the family. Im really happy for my sister."

Whats happening in her personal life and Shamita is quick to reply, "The only new addition in my life is the Oneness University. Mom, dad, Shilpa and I went there for a seven-day course. I can see our whole perceptions change. You understand a better way of living."

Adds Shamita, "It helps you understand your goals and achieve them. Its a cleansing process. Life is so fast paced that we dont stop to give ourselves some time. It helped me get over several small things that were bothering me."

So will she ever enter the Big Boss house, which sister Shilpa is hosting? "I just cant be in one house with so many strangers! Shilpa and I are complete opposites. Shes been an extrovert and I am an introvert. In Big Boss people are ready to judge you in a matter of an hour. I dont think I can be so open. Plus no TV, no books, no distractions at all. I rather spend those three months at the Oneness University!"

No comments: