Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Minissha, the new hot babe

From a fully clad Kashmiri girl of Yahaan to a smartly dressed executive of Corporate and now actor Minissha Lamba is all ready to set the celluloid on fire by wearing a bikini in her upcoming movie Kidnap.

In an exclusive interview Minissha tells Kanpur Times, why this sudden transformation was in the offing. Ask Minissha what prompted her to wear that itsy bitsy bikini in the movies and she replies, “It was the demand of the story. I am playing the role a of a 17 years old girl Sonia who’s hip and modern. She loves to live life in full swing and to gel with Sonia's character it was required that I wear bikini and other revealing outfits.”

But is it a deliberate attempt for an image make-over? “No, not at all. It’s true that earlier I have done serious roles in movies like Yahaan and Shaurya were I was fully clad but this does not mean that I will not do glamorous roles. Before starting the shooting for the film Sanjay (Gadhvi) told me clearly that I would be required to wear a bikini in the film. When I was okay with it only then he signed me and started the shooting of the film,” informs Minissha.

Speaking about her experience of working with actors like Sanjay Dutt and Imran Khan, Minissha says, “Working with both the actors was a fantabulous experience. Though I have very few scenes with Baba (Sanjay Dutt), I enjoyed them thoroughly. This was the second movie where I got a chance to act with Baba. As far as Imran’s acting is concerned, it was really nice working with him. He is just one film old, but no one can say that he is a new comer. He is extremely talented. It was the good rapport between Imran and me that makes this movie more memorable for me.”

There are other reasons too that will make Minissha remember this film for posterity. It was an action scene during the shooting of the film that really landed Minissha in trouble. “We were shooting an action sequence where I was suppose to ride a bike. When I was riding it somehow the brakes of the bike failed as I increased the speed. I immediately jumped off on the mud and by the grace of God I suffered no injuries,” informs Minissha.

But as every actor, Minissha too wants to be known for her versitality and it’s not only the glamorous role that she wants to do in days to come. She also wants to experiment her acting skills in periodic, action and hard core romantic roles too. “I would love to do some periodic film. Apart from this I love doing action scenes and if I get an offer of a good action role I would definitely put my best efforts in it. Hard core romantic films is another one of my weaknesses,” says she smiling.

The only thing that Minissha detests is cooking. She says, “I love having good food but as far as cooking is concerned, I really hate doing it. Whenever I am free I love solving puzzles and in order to keep myself toned it’s swimming that I find the best.”

No comments: