Monday, September 29, 2008

'll be linked to my dad next!

Riya Sen is confused.

She has no clue why she is always being talked about her link-ups, especially as she says, they don’t exist. “Why me?” she asks in a tired voice, fed up of answering questions about her various affairs.

Well, she would be, considering her past few link-ups have been with Salman Rushdie, director Paritosh Painter and more recently, a fashion personality Khalid. “From Salman Rushdie to my director... I’ll be linked to my dad next!” she exclaims with disgust!

But can be there be smoke without fire? “How come there’s so much smoke?” she questions, “There’s absolutely no truth to all these link-ups. If there’s any name taken along with mine, then it’s because that person is a friend or an acquaintance. If I’m seeing somebody, then I won’t be ashamed about it. But I won’t stop going out with my friends just because of these rumours. I’ve become immune to these things,” she says. But the actress does admit, they used to rattle her up earlier. “But now, even my parents tease me about my various link-ups,” she laughs. So what’s the official word on her relationship status? “I’m officially single,” she says firmly.

On the work front, things seem bright for the Bong babe, who will soon be seen doing a sister-act with real-life sis Raima Sen in Rituparno Ghosh’s Nauka Dubi, “But we’re not playing sisters in the film,” she reveals. Apart from that, Riya’s got Paritosh Painter’s Paying Guest, Rituparno’s Abohoman, Heroes and Taare Sitaare.

And is she doing Dev Anand’s Chargesheet, as reported by some parts of the media? “I haven’t signed the film yet. Yes, I have been asked by him, I’d love to do it if I have dates,” she says diplomatically. She does realise that she’s doing a lot of comedies. “Comedies are sure shot hit with the audience,” she adds.

No comments: