Monday, September 29, 2008

Sonam Kapoor is taking life slowly

Mumbai: Sonam Kapoor is taking life slowly after her first films release in 2007. Its been more than a year since people saw the Saawariya girl on screen.

While contemporaries such as Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone have raced ahead with other films, doesnt she think there has been a time lag between her first movie and Dilli 6 which is set to release early next year? She says, "I have just started my career and I think its absolutely all right if I am doing my second film in a years time. So what if my contemporaries have done a film before me?"

Denying that her role in Saawariya will only typecast her in the directorss eyes, she says, "You cant say a person has been typecast just after doing one film. I am really enjoying my role in Dilli 6 because its very different from what I played in my earlier film."

Sonam is reluctant to talk about her ex-beau Ranbir Kapoor. She quips, "He already has a girlfriend and I wouldnt want to interfere between the two. Ranbir has always been a very good friend of mine and we have never stopped talking," she says. Sonam denies regarding Deepika as competition. "She is a lovely girl and one of my best friend's girlfriend. Why should I take her as a competitor? " she remarks.

Sonam admits that it was very exciting to walk the ramp for the India Couture Week recently. "I just walked the ramp for designer Anamika Khanna. It was good fun being a model," she says.

Sonam had assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali during the making of Black. So will she be donning the directors hat any time in the future? "I dont like to think too much about the future because I get scared. I like to take one day at a time. At the moment I am happy being an actor. But I like to keep my options open. You never know if someday I may direct a film of my own," she says.

No comments: