Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fighting the flab

When all the actors in Bollywood are politically correct, Ayesha Takia definitely stands apart from the crowd. When we ask her about the rumours doing the rounds about her impending marriage with long-time boyfriend Farhaan Azmi, she is in no mood to refute it.

“I know people ask me several questions on my marriage. I will definitely talk about my marriage. But that will happen when I am getting married and that’s definitely not now,” she says.

Besides the rumours about her recently flying down to the US for a liposuction, it is undeniable that Ayesha is looking quite hot in her slim avatar. Ask her and she says that she had knocked off the fat on the treadmill.
“I worked out a lot and lost weight,” she quips. We gather that Ayesha has lost nine kilos, so is she aiming to be a size zero Kareena Kapoor?

“I am not here to compete with anybody. I don’t even know what size-zero is. I have lost nine kilos which was required and I am not in a mood to lose any more weight,” she asserts.

Ayesha will be walking the ramp at IIFA awards this year. “I quite liked the clothes that I will be wearing at the show. But, I get very scared when it comes to walking the ramp in front of so many people. I am not a model, I will try to be myself on the ramp and I am sure there won’t be any goof up,” she giggles.
Ayesha is happy that her forthcoming film De Taali, where she plays a typical girl-next-door, is on the verge of release.

“It’s a movie about friendship where I play one of the most important characters. There’s also Aftab Shivdasani and Ritesh Deshmukh in the cast. We are promoting the movie at IIFA too which is a global platform,” she ends.

The business woman
Ayesha is also getting into hotel business with her boyfriend Farhaan Azmi. It would be a boutique hotel in Goa and it’s a joint venture for both.

“It would be an exclusive hotel. We are converting an old Portuguese bungalow. I don’t have much knowledge about it, but Farhaan is in the industry for a long time and he is working out things. Being entrepreneur is a new step in my life, and I am excited about it,” Ayesha says

No comments: