Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mithun 'threatens' Ekta Kapoor!

National Award-winning actor Mithun Chakraborty threatens TV tycoon Ekta Kapoor - on screen. It happens in her home production C Kkompany.

"That's right," laughed Mithun. "I've a seriously funny role in Ekta's C Kkompany. I play this small time don called Dattu Satellite, who has a fascination for TV artistes.

"I go and warn Ekta against torturing her TV artistes. I'm having so much fun with varied characters," Mithun said.

His son Mimoh's tame debut Jimmy and his non-performer Don Muthuswamy, which released this week, are far from defeat for the actor's spirit. "He'll fight his way to his destiny. No one can stop him," he says about Mimoh. Mithun himself is back in action and doing different kinds of roles.

"I enjoyed playing a funny gangster in Don Muthuswamy. Imagine a Bengali playing a south Indian don. I've played a south Indian before in Agneepath."

Filmmakers are today willing to write roles specially for the actor. This is one of the busiest phases in the 1970s superstar's career.

"I've just finished Phir Kabhi with Dimple Kapadia and Rati Agnihotri produced by Culture Company and UTV. It's a very different love story about a happily married man whose first love returns after his wife dies. His granddaughter plays cupid.

"My character keeps talking to his dead wife. I've done a lot of films with Dimple. She's a pal and she's given a great performance."

No comments: