Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Married actors are hot property: Parvin

Are you out of your marriage hang-over?
The knotty affair started a week back. Preeti was in the US for two months soon after the Delhi reception. I guess I will be able to answer this question a few weeks into my marital status.

Have you donned thedoting husband cap yet?
My friends were joking that I was a bachelor two months into my marriage. I was trying to make the most of my married-yet-bachelor phase. Fact is, I wouldn’t have married if I wasn’t ready for it. I have never believed in the formality of marriage. For me, marriage should happen only when one is dying to spend the rest of one’s life with this person.

Are you in favour of live-ins then?
I’ve never been in one though I can say that I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Are your fans having a problem after you tied the knot?
Not at all. There are actors whose fan base have shot up after saying ‘I do’.

Married actors are hot property right now.You have a website. Wouldn’t it be hot to flaunt a personal blog too?
I am not one to follow trends. Sometimes blogging leads to greater miscommunication. Let me clarify that if I ever start a blog, it will only speak about myself.

What do you have to say about making personal digs through blogs?
It isn’t right to refer to it as personal digs because you don’t really know that. And I believe in minding my own business.

Rituparna and you were one of the four couples in Sirf. This duo was shown looking for trust in the relationship. What, according to you, features topmost in a relationship?
I think it has to be a combination of love, trust and money — where money features lowest. For me, comfort, understanding, friendship and trust are more important than other things.

What’s more in your kitty?
There’s Via Darjeeling, N Chandra’s Yeh Mera India. Earlier it was titled Breaking News, but there was another film named It’s Breaking News. Hence we had to rechristen it. I have an English film titled The World Unseen, apart from doing the voice over for my first animation flick titled Secrets Of The Seven Sounds. It’s based on an Indian mythological.

Tell us more about Via Darjeeling.
It deals with one story being narrated by five persons and each, of course, lands up with a different
version. I play Bonny, Sonali Kulkarni’s ex. Based on who tells the story, the relationship between Kay Kay Menon, Sonali and me changes.

You don’t seem to be there in Dibakar Banerjee’s next?
I don’t think he has any obligations to take me in every project of his.

Will Dibakar and you andteam up in future?
Let’s just say that we are in talks over something. Initially though, he wasn’t sure about casting me as Chiraunjilal in Khosla Ka Ghosla. He even avoided meeting me for three months. Finally, better sense prevailed.

Does it make sense to keep away from the media glare?
I do keep a low profile. I would not scream from the rooftops or forge friendships based on need.

But have directors felt the need to cast Preeti and you in a venture?
We have had a couple of offers though there’s nothing worth mentioning. And as far as Preeti is concerned, she is still a working actor.

Real life couples seldom have reel life chemistry...
It’s about wrong scripts rather than the chemistry.

What’s your take on the six pack and the size zero frenzy?
I am not an aptor but an actor.

And is the actor game for some IPL action?
We can now boast of a professional league. Unfortunately it’s made a dent in our films.

Your favourite would be?
Sourav Ganguly. We’re fellow Cancerians and I can understand that he has been misunderstood. He is one of the most successful captains that team India has had.

No comments: