Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Judd's fight with depression

Actress Ashley Judd says she suffered from depression ever since she was a child because she was left alone at home when her mother, singer Naomi, toured round the world.

Contactmusic.com reports that Judd went public with her battle against depression after she entered a programme at Shades of Hope Treatment Centre in Buffalo Gap, Texas in 2006. And now she admits she has always battled the blues.

She admits: "I had a very unsafe and unstable childhood about 10 months out of the year. I didn't have my normal, natural little-girl needs met. I was left on my own a great deal. There was a time when I skipped a whole week of school because my mum was on the road, I didn't have a ride and I'd gotten ashamed of calling friends. I had my first childhood depression at eight - severe, intense, hole-in-the-soul loneliness. No one noticed."

The star of Double Jeopardy once dated crooner Michael Bolton and visited India to raise AIDS awareness.

No comments: