Thursday, May 29, 2008

John to sing for live audience

John Abraham is very excited about his forthcoming film Aashayein, directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. Though the actor couldn't be present at the unveiling of the film’s first look (he was shooting in Miami for Dostana), he will definitely be seen at the film's soundtrack promotion. During the event, John even plans to get behind the mike and sing one of his songs from the film, Ab hai ujala.

John, initially nervous about the performance, is now ready to make his debut as a singer in front of a live audience. "Initially I was hesitant, but I liked the idea,” said the actor. “I am not a great singer but that's all right I guess. I will make a sincere effort."

John has been practicing hard with Aashayein's music director duo Salim-Sulaiman. "John has an ear for music and since the song is so inspirational, I'm sure people will appreciate him whether he hits the right note or not," said Salim.

The event, scheduled to take place at the Bandra Fort Amphitheatre, will also have Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal and Zubin performing.

No comments: